We are committed to providing families the safest possible environment for their dental care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Unlike many other offices that need to make several changes to adapt to the new CDC and ADA guidelines, we’ve already been using these industry-leading sterilization and safety protocols for over 30 years:
- Separate sterilization areas—one for preventative care and another for surgical and restorative care.
- Double sterilization in treatment rooms between patients (all surfaces and instruments are wiped down twice)
- HEPA filtration system
- Tools and equipment, like a rubber dam, have always been utilized to reduce airborne particles and droplets in the air
- Educating other dentists on best practices for sterilization
In addition to what we’ve always been practicing, we have elevated our best practices to exceed the recommended guidelines provided by the CDC and the American Dental Association (ADA) to ensure the safest environment and have added 2 high-velocity evacuation devices that will remove aerosols during treatment. We are continually researching other devices that will add additional safety measures.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some additional changes for patient and staff safety, along with our already strict infection control protocols:
- We will call with a COVID pre-screening questionnaire 48-72 hours prior to your appointment, which will be given again upon arrival at your appointment
- When arriving for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle and check-in by phone. We will let you know if your treatment room is ready for your entry.
- No additional guests may attend the appointment with the patient (with the exception of those needing special assistance determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Please wear a mask when you come in the building and at all times except when receiving dental treatment
- Patient’s temperature will be taken upon arrival
- You are invited to use our hand sanitizing station in the lobby
- Patients will be asked to do a pretreatment antiseptic mouth rinse.
As always, we are committed to protecting you and your family and offering the highest possible quality of care. Our protocols for sterilization and disinfection will provide a safe environment for not only our patients but for our team as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 440-238-6141 or visit https://aernidental.com/contact/.