Dr. Aerni Orthodontics
Orthodontics have evolved in the last several years. Due to this, many different treatment options are available in the marketplace, including straight wire braces and Tip-Edge brackets. Which system a dentist or orthodontist decides to use is dependent on what system they had training with, and what they feel can offer their patients the best results esthetically and orthopedically.
Dr. Aerni in Strongsville, Ohio believes that Tip-Edge brackets best fit this criteria. To Dr. Aerni, Tip-Edge brackets offer his patients the best results, use high quality materials, and are affordable. Additionally, Tip-Edge brackets require less appointments and time in the chair, meaning you spend less overall time in our office.
Below, Dr. Aerni lists some of the many advantages of Tip-Edge brackets:
- Bite corrections can begin sooner in treatment than with straight wire.
- More vertical control.
- Changes (both dental and skeletal) occur with relatively light force, 1-3 ounces, in comparison to straight wire braces at 8 ounces.
- Easier to move your teeth by tipping them and uprighting the root.
- Less anchorage is needed, eliminating the need for external anchorage like head-gear, or other intraoral orthodic devices.
- Uses few wires and demands less bending of wires.
- Less bulky, making proper dental hygiene easier to achieve.
- Fewer appointments, saving you valuable time! Appointments are at 8 week intervals vs 4-6 week intervals, with straight wire.
If you have any questions regarding Tip-Edge brackets or orthodontics, or are interested in the procedure, please feel free to contact Dr. Aerni. You can contact Dr. Aerni at his office Strongsville at 440-238-6141, or use our online form to request and appointment.